Tuesday, August 14, 2007

When will he ever wipe his own butt!?

Anyone else out there with this problem? My five-year-old still calls me in to the bathroom to wipe his butt after his business is done, and I am just not in the mood anymore. I try all the encouraging, "You can do it yourself, you're a big boy" stuff, and he ends up sitting there whining "Mommmmmeeee! I can't do it. I really need you to come wipe my butt." Over and over, I have no repreive, until I go wipe this little person's poopy behind. Do other kids this age do this, or are they all wiping peacefully in self-sufficient bliss? I feel I am doomed to wipe his butt forever!

5 comments:

Kacey said...

Oh yes I know all about this. My son is about to turn 6 and I am still wiping. He starts kindergarten in two weeks though so we have been working on getting him to do it on more and it is finally starting to work.

Unknown said...

My son is turning 5 next month and he still asks me to help. I am trying to ween him from the final 'mommy wipe'...but, it's a S L O W process!

Anonymous said...

We have had some success using the flushable wipes for my 5 1/2 yr old son, so the task is less dauting....or was, until he started asking for our help again. It has also helped to not go to him right away- so he learns that waiting for us will take more time!

Jeremiah McNichols said...

Oh Lord, I had no idea this could last this long. Our daughter is 3.5 and I thought we'd be out of the woods soon. Yikes!

Caz said...

LOL It seems neverending. How hilarious to see something so part of my every day existence (yep, 6yrs and almost 5yrs old.. still wiping!).. I joke that it is the battle cry 'somebody WIPEITUP!!!!' said in a singsong voice by my 4.5yr old.