Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Sleepy, Sleepy

(written Sunday, Aug 6, 2006)

A couple months ago, I wrote this post about sleep issues.

It appears there is another sleep issue afoot: I'm having trouble going to sleep. The completely opposite spectrum to that last post.

I just can't go to sleep. I do eventually, but not until 1, 2 and sometimes 3 in the morning and after much tossing and turning. I think as I'm laying there trying to sleep: 'I'd like a snack', or 'Goddamn it, I have to go to the bathroom', or 'I have to write something down', or(more commonly) 'I just don't want to go to sleep'.

I can't even bring myself to take a nap with my daughter, eventhough it would be the sane thing to do, as my body screams !Sleep!
I just can't do it.
She naps as I write this. Which means, obviously, I am not napping.

Could this be a psychological thing? Perhaps. What isn't these days?
Perhaps it is just the weather. Doubt that one a bit, though it has been hot....

This seems to run in cycles: sleeping at 7 p.m. and practically not sleeping at all.
Is it just the cycle of a mother, or am I reading too much into things?

Am I asking too many questions?

No comments: